Sunday, April 8, 2012

A God Sized Creative Challenge

This adventure has nothing to do with photography except for the face that I am taking pictures along the journey... Due to my knee surgery, I am lost my job, so I am currently unemployed.  That being said, I have been asking the Lord obviously for provision (which HE HAS COMPLETELY PROVIDED AND CONTINUES TO- that is for another blog though), and also for strategy in how to be smart with the limited finances I do have.  Here's one of the things I feel He gave me.  He gave me a game because I like games, and in my mind, game=challenge.  He gave me a game to see how long I can go with eating out of my pantry/freezer only.  What a creative challenge!  He showed me that I have so much in my cupboards already, it's just being creatie in using them!  So, the guidelines are simple: with the exception of fresh fruit & veggies, milk, eggs, yogurt (basically the basics), I see how long I can go without buying groceries.  I'm so excited for this creative challenge!

I went through and listed out everything I have in my cupboard and freezer.  Now that i have a list, I can get to creating amazing meals!  I will be posting every meal I make on here! Here's what I have:

6 Jars of spaghetti sauce
4 cans of diced tomatoes
1 box of quinoa elbows
1 bag corn rotelli
3 boxes of cereal
6 cans of green beans
3 cans of corn
2 cans of sloppy joe
1 can of black beans
2 cans of refried beans
1 can beef stew
1 can chicken and rice soup
2 cans of pear halves
6 cans of canned chicken
corn tortillas
dried edemame
soy sauce
spaghetti noodles
lasagna noodles
mashed potatoe packets
sea salt pretzels
multi=grain crackers
dried black beans
dried red beans
popcorn
quinoa
rice
almonds
flax seed
gronola
oats
pancake mix

Freezer
chicken tenders
chicken tenders
frozen veggies
quinoa

Pretty sure i have everything listed (except what is in my fridge because that is mostly milk, eggs, fresh veggies)... If you have any meal ideas, LET ME KNOW!! However, please remember I am gluten free.

My next post will be what I had for dinner!
~Stacee~

No comments: