Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A lot of things can happen in a year


A year ago today, I was welcomed to Tennessee by a big smile and a huge hug from my roommate Jeannie.  When I showed up on her doorstep, that was the first time we met, and I knew that I was in for an adventure!  Not knowing what the year was going to bring, I was ready to embrace it.  This year has been more than I ever imagined; and I honestly can't believe I've only been here a year.  The adventures I've been on have been amazing, and the relationships I've built have been life-changing.  I feel like I've known them my whole life!  I love how the Lord is so faithful to His word!  
Here are just some of the "firsts" I've experienced this past year:

-went to my first AAA baseball game..and introduced Olivia, Jeannie and other's to the importance of the Rally Cap


-visited Michigan for the first time
  

-went on a 13.5 hour road trip to go to the beach, but I saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time, and camped on the beach!!


-learned how to play Ultimate Frisbee


-Ran my first race... a 10K, and fell in love with the sport of running.


-played in a corn field and ran through a corn maze


-had an amazing costume birthday party, with a random dance session after
  

-visited Opryland Hotel...and saw it at Christmas!


-went to Atlanta for a women's conference

-experienced my first snowfall!
    

-got stuck behind a tractor on the road
-actually saw the stars...no fog.. no lights, just stars
-I rode the "el" and hung out in Downtown Chicago

but beyond all of that, this year, I have become part of a tribe of people who love God with all their hearts and love each other.  I'm so blessed by the family and community of people the Lord has placed me in!
    

2 comments:

Olivia said...

MAN STACEE!!! I loved reading this even though I knew/heard/experienced this with you. Don't you just LOVE how God orchestrates life for us when we walk according to His will?!? LOVE IT!! AND...LOVE YOU! ;)

.heidi.noelle. said...

:) <3