Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new way..

Romans 6:13 says: "And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God." This verse has been on my mind and heart a lot over the past few weeks and I have been challenged lately with not only presenting my body as a living sacrifice daily, but also presenting my members as an instrument of righteousness. What does that really mean? Well, I've found for myself that it means I must make myself presentable to the Lord. My body is a temple of the Lord and it is to be an instrument of righteousness for the Lord to work through me. One of the largest things that has been brought up in my prayer time is how I have taken care of (or lack there of) my body recently. So after some prayer, I approached one of the leaders at Frontline who is a personal trainer and asked him if he would help me not only get in shape, but if he would help me transform my lifestyle when it comes to food and my body.
Well, I met with Mike today and man was it informational!! We didn't even talk about a workout program, but Mike really focused in on nutrition. I thought I knew a lot about nutrition and health, but man was I wrong! I learned so much tonight and it is going to be an adjustment, but I am so looking forward to it! Sure, I'm looking forward to the weight that is going to come off, and the muscle toning that will happen, but above all I'm looking forward to the energy that I'm going to have. When I have more energy I am going to be able to do so much more for the kingdom of the Lord!

So now I am on a new adventure, finding new foods and making better food choices. No longer eating 3 meals a day, but 4-5 smaller meals. In a week or two, I'll meet with Mike again and we will assess where I am at and what the next step will be (workout program etc.) I'm looking forward to this new season for many many reasons, but this is one of them! I'm sure I will post on here as my journey towards presenting my body as an instrument of righteousness continues.

No comments: