Saturday, May 29, 2010

Seasons of Life

I'm sitting here, looking at where different people in my life are. I find it interesting how at one moment you are walking so closely with someone and then perhaps you aren't. Reading friend's blogs, and keeping "up to date" with people from college (via facebook), I have realized how we are in very different seasons; and yet that is ok. It makes me look back at my college years, my college relationships, and if I give an honest assessment, I truly keep in touch with a handful of the people I knew. And that is okay. Some are off traveling the world, some are married, some are engaged, some have kids, some are making long distances work. Each one of us is walking exactly where the Lord has us for this season. We must not look at each other and wish that we had what they had. For those of us that are still single- embrace it! The Lord is wanting to do so much through our singleness, don't waste time dwelling on the wishes of being married. For those who are married- embrace it! Press into the Lord so that you can be the best husband or wife you can be in the Lord! For those who have children-embrace it! They grow up fast. You truly have a short amount of time. We wise, train them up in the ways of the Lord. Whatever season of life you find yourself now, don't jump ahead to what the next season may hold. Be still, know that He is God and that He has a perfect and wonderful plan for your life!

It's interesting, I would bet that if you asked any of us 2 or 3 years ago, (when we were still in college) if we thought we would be where we are today, I am pretty sure we all would have laughed in disbelief. But, I LOVE where I am. I love the city I am in, I love the people I am surrounded by, I love walking with the Lord so closely that my entire days plans can change in a moment because the Lord has something else planned. I love being single. I love being in the perfect will of the Lord for this season.

No comments: