Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A New Artistic Venture

I know this is a "photography blog", but I want it to be an inspiration to you.  While I am focusing on photography, I also am going to post many different types of creative ventures... This is a new one for me!

I am not a painter by any means.. however, last October I got an idea to paint a family portrait for some friends as their Christmas gift... 5 months later, I gave it to them.  Now the reason it took me 5 months is because for starters, I had no clue what I was doing; and there were a lot of things that came up which caused me to have to take a break from painting.  But, after 5 long, pain-staking months, it is finished and delivered.  Here are some pictures of my process!

Start with a line drawing....







End up with a finished product...

Hope you like it... and I'm going to "borrow" a phrase from my friend Annie... 
Go do something creative today!

No comments: