Monday, November 6, 2006

"THIS JOURNEY YOU ARE ON IS TOO GREAT FOR YOU TO HANDLE!"


I am reading though a book called "Live Life On Purpose." I didn't think that this book was going to affect me, but it has. The chapter I read this week is entitled: "The map is a trap". This is talking about how we as humans make maps for our lives and we struggle with following the map to the letter. God doesn't give us a step by step map, or step by step directions on how we are to live our lives. This is something that I am working through...I might have a plan for my life, but it doesn't matter because God might have a different plan (map). I am starting to get to the point where I am not wanting to make any plans for my life, and just live day by day. I don't know where to draw the line between holding onto my map and letting God be my compass. My map will change with the seasons, but the compass (God) will always be constant.

1 comment:

30-Something Girl said...

but he does dosen't he? The bible.