Wednesday, May 28, 2008

i finally arrived!

So I arrived in Thompson's Station yesterday and I was welcomed with open arms. When I arrived at my new home, my roommate welcomed me with a giant hug and we hit it off so great! I started moving in all my stuff, and by the end of the day I had everything situated, and it is starting to feel like home. Dad and I went out to try and find a Walmart or Target, but ended up getting lost and I came to the realization, really quickly, that there is no "quick trip" to target. Almost everything here is about 20-25 minutes away, with the exception of a few places. That is OK though because it will give me time to sit back and enjoy the scenery.
I was able to talk with my roommate a little, and I was shown a little of her heart. Her passion. We were able to talk about different things that the Lord did in her life prior to my coming, and different things the Lord did in my life prior to me coming. There is no doubt in my mind that this whole job and move thing was and is of the LORD, and the LORD is going to continually pour out His abundance on me and my roommate because we both have obeyed Him.
Today dad and I drove around and visited my "office". I say it is and "office" because it is actually a house (Rivet House) that we work out of. I met a lot of the guys I will be working with and they seem really neat. We then drove over the the Orbit house and met a couple of people. We then drove down to the sales office to see that operation. Mainly today was just a day of driving around and figuring out where different things are around town. Tonight my dad and I are going to go to a lifegroup with Jeannie, and I am going to meet some people that I can hopefully have connections with.

3 comments:

megan said...

Hey!!! Desirae and I were just talking about you yesterday-she's here for the summer, you know! How are you, and how is Nashville? I want to know about your job there! xoxo

micwane said...

Hey My Stacee!

Your new "home" looks very cozy! You will enjoy the nice patio on those warm TN evenings. You've done a good job of making your room your own. I know it will be difficult when your Dad leaves but I know you will do fine. It will be nice to settle in and start absorbing your new surroundings. Looking forward to hearing more about your TN life. Too bad we won't be able to hear that little southern "twang" that I have a feeling you'll pick up. ;-)

Luv U,
Auntie M~~~

lavonn said...

Hi my little Stacee,

So glad you've arrived safely and already finding fun things to do and see. I used to prowl around my new digs for hours on the weekends (map in glovebox just in case). It was always an adventure to see if I could get home without using the map!

And, how neat that God provided you and your roommate with various "preparation exercise" before you moved in together. You'll have to share those with us sometime so we can be awed by God's care for His children.

We love you oodles,
Auntie Vonnie