Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Laughs at work... pt. 1... green screen


At work, we made a small $8 green screen to do some pickup shots. 
It is 6 pieces of poster board held up with gaffers tape.  When we were putting the poster board together, we taped it with clear scotch tape... i mentioned that we should tape the back so that it doesn't show up on screen... my boss said that it would be fine on the front, so that is what we did... We shot some of what we needed, and we found that the tape was causing a little reflection and making it hard to key... so my boss told me that we should have done the back like i had originally said and asked if i would take it down and fix it...
. we had laughs about that!  
SO today, i was taking down the board and i started pulling off the gaffer's tape and my boss said that it wouldn't tear the poster board, immediately after he said that guess what happened?!?!?  THE POSTER BOARD TORE! hahaha!  Chuck was amazed!  He then said something along the lines of at least it won't rip the paint off the 
wall, and..  yup, you guessed it... IT DID!  we had such a hard laugh because (A) gaffer's tape isn't supposed to do that and (B) it was just so funny how the exact opposite of whatever Chuck said happened!  
Chuck quickly changed his facebook status to "Chuck Peters is disappointed with Gaffers tape..."
I'm so glad that I work in a place where we can laugh together.  It makes the workplace so much more enjoyable... 
like the title said, this is just part 1,  I need to get some pictures of another hilarious moment and then i will blog about that as well!

2 comments:

KIDMO said...

Yeah... I know what I'm doing. (oh man!) -- I reserve the right to be wrong!
~cp

crispy said...

good thing he is humble...