Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lightning bugs and friends


As I was driving home tonight, I saw a lot more lightning bugs than I normally do. When I saw them, I immediately thought of my friend Kaycee Jo. My intitial thought was: "MAN! I hope Kaycee is seeing this!!" Then that lead to me thinking about how much I love her and how much I miss her already!! She has been gone for only 3 days, but geez it feels like an eternity! I mean, we've been texting like crazy, but I think the reason I'm missing her so much more is because I know that for the next 3 months, I won't be able to see her at all! There are times here in Tennessee when we don't see each other for a week or so at a time, but I know that if I really needed her, we could get together... that's not the case right now... :(

It's the small things that people do that really impact others, ya know? I think that part of the reason lightning bugs make me think of Kaycee is because they light up so quickly, bring joy and then they are gone, back to business...UNTIL... they light up again!!!! There are some people in this world, in my life who do that... They are always around, waiting for the right moment to step in, speak words of encouragement, light up your day/week/month (whatever the case may be) and then they are back to waiting...waiting until the Lord tells them to light up another person's life. Kaycee definitly does this... I know the Lord has many scenarios lined up already for Kaycee to be a light to someone in Montana.

Although I'm missing her here, I know that the Lord has something very specific for us this summer. Her in Montana and me here... I'm just super super glad for the technology of phones, texting, email and chatting so that we can stay up-to-date on what the LORD is doing in and through us this summer!

Miss you Kaycee!!

1 comment:

Kaycee Jo said...

Aww, I truly enjoyed reading this Stacee. I miss you so much already too. You'll see me in person in August, and I can't wait!

Isn't it amazing how much God uses things...whatever they are, to speak to us? Lightning bugs are one of them. :)

This summer, just like any season, holds so much potential. I can't wait to see what all that is. Love you!!