Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sometimes you just have to sacrifice!

...your body that is...

Ok, here's the thing. Some people, when they play sports, just give it 50%.. I'm NOT one of those people. When I play, I give it 100% (if not more). Take softball for example; when you are in the field, you must at least TRY and stop the ball! I play with some people who don't even do that because they don't want to get too dirty! I say: The dirtier you are, the harder you played. So I thought I would just write this little post and share about what happend at my game on Sunday. But I'll first start off on Saturday...

Alee, Madi, Megan and I went to the pool. The girls swam while Megan and I laid out, then we got in the pool for a while with them and then we went home. Well, I woke up sunday morning and the front of my legs were burnt! I was floored by this b/c i don't normally burn on my legs.. anyways, digression...

I had a softball game on Sunday afternoon, and I thought to myself: "man, it is really going to hurt if I have to slide today" (seeing as how my legs were burnt). So I told some people this and they all said: "just don't slide" in which my response was: "you gotta do what you gotta do in order to avoid an out. And if I have to choose between sacrificing my leg and getting called out.. I'm gonna sacrifice my leg!" and guess what happened? yup! I had a play at 2nd that required me to slide... so I did and here are two pictures.





and of course I have a tournament tonight, so we will see what happens... I think I am going to wear my sliding pad tonight though to try and prevent reopening of this scab... (isn't it a great one though?!?!?!)

No comments: