Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Classes began today!!

Well, I graduated from college in May of '08...and now, just over a year later, I find myself back in the classroom! I never thought I would be going back to school, but never say never, eh? About 2 weeks ago, I started on a journey called the Immersion Discipleship Training (IDT). the IDT program is an intense 18-month ministry training program that New Song offers. This program is set up in a teaching and training format. The IDT students take 3-4 Bible/Theology classes (teaching), and then we have work assignments where we put what we just learned in class to work in practical ways. It's a great program.

So here I am, classes started today and I'm having to get back into the mode of doing homework, working, ministry and relationships. The classes I'm taking are: The Pentateuch, Systematic Theology 1, Spiritual Leadership 1, and I'm part of a Word group. I'm trying to come into this, not with the view of "school again", but I'm looking at it as yet another way that I am blessed to be able to go deeper in the Word and learn about our Lord! I'm so excited for the text that we get to read during these classes...basically I have a whole new outlook on classes then I did when I was in college!

It's going to to be good!!!

No comments: