Thursday, September 24, 2009

Did you know?


This is a question that I find myself asking a lot lately. Mainly because I am learning so much in my classes that I just want to pour it all out on other people. So I find myself saying: "Did you know that.." or "Did you know this..." It is quite fun.

We are finishing up our 2nd week of classes (2 pentateuch, 2 systematic theology and 1 spiritual leadership)and I am finding that within these 5 classes, I've already learned and grown so much more than I did in college. Maybe it's because in college I had 8 different classes at any given time and I didn't truly focus on my religion classes, or maybe it is because in my mind I was just doing what needed to get done in order to finish up homework.

I feel like the Lord is using my LSM classes now, to redeem my college years. I feel like I am in such a different place now that I was in college. I am truly a student of the Word. I've never been so excited about learning the Word, about studying the Word and about applying the Word.

I am a bat mitzvah-"daughter of the commandment".

No comments: