Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthday number 22

A tradition I started 5 years ago on my birthday was waking up to watch the sunrise! This time last year I was at Bolsa Chica State Beach watching the sunrise over the mountains. (see the view here). Today I watched the same sun rise over a field in Tennessee with rain pouring down onto my car. What a difference a year makes! This year was a year of lots of change. Moving apartments in CA, friends, graduating from college and moving across the county in faith. Some of the change wasn't good. Some of the change didn't feel good, but most of it was good (yes, even the change that didn't feel good). Looking back on this year though, even with all the change and unknown, there was one constant... the LORD! In every season that this past year brought the Lord was there and He was faithful and good! He still is! But now I look forward. I loko forward to the adventures I'm going to have. I look forward to the relationships that are going to be born, grow, stretch, and be refined. This past year I have been learning about faithfulness and the Lord has been faithful always. He has been there for every step of this journey I call my life... year after year.. birthday after birthday.

1 comment:

.heidi.noelle. said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!