Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Lord is pretty much AWESOME!!!

This weekend was a blast for me.  I was able to spend time with friends, which is always fun!!  And what made it even funner (i know that is not a word, but stick with me).. was that we were able to do some fun things together.  Friday, we went to a corn maze, Saturday we went to a small market in the country, ate sandwiches on the porch and then threw rocks at signs... and then Sunday celebrate my birthday!  
On Friday after the corn maze, we got the chance to look through a telescope and see the planet Jupiter, some of its rings and 3 of its moons.  We then got to see another galaxy..Andromeda (pictured above).    It blows my mind that there are billion and billions of stars in our galaxy (the Milky Way) and then to be able to see a whole other galaxy and know that there are billions upon billions of stars in that galaxy AND that the Lord placed them there and knows each star by name.  I think that is amazing and that even with all those billions of stars, He still cares for me; for my concerns.  One thing I am really loving about TN is that I am not in the city.  I can lay out and see the stars without any lights, smog, etc.  I couldn't do that in Cali.  I never realized how much I loved looking at the stars.  It is so peaceful!  It is an amazing time to really contemplate and think on the Lord!  

No comments: